Join us at our upcoming community events. Sign up for our newsletter to be in the know!
Guided Imagery, Live Sound, Reiki & Acupuncture BlissWhen: Sunday September 25 2016 at 12-4pm
Where: 535 West 23rd Street (btwn 10th & 11th Aves) New York NY 10011
• Experience the bliss of guided imagery meditation combined with healing Reiki, auricular acupuncture, aromatherapy (including FREE essential oils door prizes) and energizing therapeutic sound in a community setting.
• Come and enjoy these palliative modalities in an extended session provided by the You Can Thrive! Foundation and Columbia University Medical Center.
• Luana DeAngelis, founder of You Can Thrive! and upcoming O, The Oprah Winfrey Magazine honoree, will be providing Reiki, therapeutic gong sound, and her expertise in essential oils.
• Guided imagery will by led by Kathleen Sanders, nurse practitioner and integrative care expert at CUMC.
• Session will conclude with raw dark chocolate snacks provided by Coracao Confections.
• Essential oil aromatherapy provided by Young Living Essential Oils.
• This event is made possible by the sponsorship of The Avon Foundation for Women, The Marisa Acocella Marchetto Foundation, The Marilyn S Broad Foundation, and O, The Oprah Magazine.
Luana DeAngelis is the founder of the You Can Thrive! Foundation, this non-profit organization which has successfully put into practice the first fully accessible multidisciplinary health & wellness paradigm for women with breast cancer. She descends from a multigenerational lineage in natural health. Her trainings and experience include: Reiki master teacher, therapeutic sound and essential oil practitioner, and integrative therapist. She is also a renowned activist and social entrepreneur committed to changing our world for the better.
Kathleen Sanders, MSN, MPH is a Family Nurse Practitioner who has studied Integrative Medicine with Dr. Andrew Weil and is an experienced practitioner of mind-body medicine techniques including guided imagery and Reiki. She currently works at the Columbia University Medical Center in NYC.
Start Anew with You Can Thrive!
a very special post Rosh Hashanah TributeWhen: Tuesday October 4th 2016 at 6-10pm
Where: Private Location
The You Can Thrive! Foundation is hosting a private tribute event on Tuesday October 4th, evening ending Rosh Hashanah. Friends of Mitchell Gaynor are joining YCT founder and integrative care expert Luana DeAngelis for a vocal tribute and therapeutic sound session held in memory of our beloved Mitchell Gaynor MD, the late integrative oncologist who pioneered the development & use of therapeutic sound in modern medicine.
This evening will mark the Jewish New Year, and is an profoundly moving opportunity for spiritual cleansing. This ceremony will help us to start anew on the right foot, so that we may release our grief and ready ourselves for the year ahead.
This event is intended primarily for friends of Dr. Gaynor, integrative practitioners who are volunteers.
*We will make 4 spots available to donors for this one-of-a-kind experience. See below for $100 ticket that will go in full to supporting the Mitchell Gaynor Therapeutic Sound Fund at YCT.
CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR
VOCAL Tribute & Therapeutic Sound TICKET ($100 USD)
Only 4 tickets are available to the public for this private event - Get yours today!
You Can Thrive! invites you to join us for a sound celebration dedicated to the contributions of the late Mitchell Gaynor MD, integrative oncologist and YCT board member. We celebrate his memory by sharing this modality with the general public by donation. Every dollar will benefit women with cancer through the Mitchell Gaynor Therapeutic Sound Fund which provides free direct relief services and programs at You Can Thrive!
The method of using ancient healing and therapeutic sounds of the live gong, tuning forks, bowls and other instruments to create deep meditative brainwave states was in large part pioneered by Mitch Gaynor. Join us for an hour every week to honor the methods of Dr. Mitchell Gaynor and his contributions to cancer survivors though the work of You Can Thrive! Come and have your vibrational energy charged and aligned.
Contact the YCT office today to reserve your spot now!
*ACTIVE YCT CLIENTS GAIN FREE ACCESS TO ALL OUR OFFERINGS*
Active clients are also able to attend recommended classes at Reflections Yoga for free anytime. Call or email the YCT office for details.
Please be advised that there are stairs at the Reflections Yoga Studio and so certain classes may be inaccessible for persons in wheelchairs. Please contact the YCT office with any questons or concerns.